Annandale, VA: Real Estate in Annandale
Volunteer Drivers Provide Free Service to Non-Driving Seniors
J Rides is a volunteer supported rides program so that more non-driving adults 55+ will be able to attend programs and special events at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia.
- The length of your commitment depends on your availability. J Rides provides volunteer drivers access to our ride scheduling software that lets you select your driving assignments, offering volunteers a flexible schedule
- All volunteers must complete an application and attend a brief orientation
- NV Rides will pay for a required background and a DMV check for all volunteer drivers
- Volunteers are required to have a valid driver’s license, proof of auto insurance
- This is a free service to any non-driving senior (55+) who would like to attend the J or a J program.
- Riders must be ambulatory and able to self-transfer into and out of the vehicle
- Wheel chairs cannot be accommodated
- The J reserves the right to determine rider eligibility
- Please obtain a passenger application from the front desk or by calling 703.537.3074. The application must be completed and returned to the NV Rides office by mail or in person prior to utilizing the service
- A rider can schedule transportation by contacting J Rides at 703.537.3074. Rides are not guaranteed and subject to availability of a volunteer driver
- We suggest scheduling your ride in advance - at least 5 days before the ride is needed. Same day rides are not available.
8900 Little River Turnpike, Fairfax, VA 22031
J Rides is part of the Northern Virginia Ride Program. NV Rides is a network of service providers aiming to enhance and improve volunteer transportation throughout the region. In partnership with Fairfax County and Jewish Council for the Aging (JCA), the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia (JCCNV) is administering this community-wide initiative so that more non-driving older adults will be able to get where they need go at no cost, and “age in place” for as long as possible.
(Copyright © 2011 Annandale Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved.)